Green Yellow, the energy subsidiary of the French group Casino, is spreading its wings at the same rate as its photovoltaic panels cover the roofs of supermarkets and other dedicated spaces. It was in the Indian Ocean that the green and yellow brand took off : GreenYellow was created in 2007 within the Casino group to respond to the dual economic and ecological challenge linked to the energy bill of companies. The first solar power station was then installed in 2008 on the roof of the Jumbo Score store in Reunion Island. Last year the Malagasy group Axian, led by businessman Hassanein Hiridjee, took a 51% stake in the existing farm near the capital Antananarivo, in Ambatolampy to be precise (Green Yellow was the sole shareholder until then). Also in Madagascar Green Yellow is developing its hybrid projects with the addition of 6.1MW of photovoltaic power to the existing thermal power plants in Sambava (north east) and Morondava (west). In Reunion Island, an ambitious project is underway on the shade houses installed in the parking lot of Roland Garros airport. To be continued in our columns.
January 29, 2021
July 7, 2021
June 8, 2021
August 25, 2021
Forum du Journal Des Archipels les 17 ODD dans l’océan Indien !
- Montebello smart city: “smart by Nature” by Mary-Jane Lai November 7, 2023
- The curse of natural resources, by Avinaash Munohur March 24, 2022
- Romy Voos: “Biodiversity is not a luxury for intellectuals… February 24, 2022
- The business opportunities of a globalized ecology By Philippe Murcia November 29, 2021
- Ken Poonoosamy: How to reduce our oil imports? October 5, 2021
- Romy Voos: “Why should women be left out of the climate issue?” September 16, 2021
- JM Pitot: “The typical tourist will probably come from the UK”. September 14, 2021
- Blue Economy: The new deal for giant ships by Philippe Murcia September 2, 2021