The fishing vessel “Sea Master” belonging to the Mauritian company Hassen Taher Seafoods, was wrecked on Friday night on Albatross Island, the largest island in the Saint Brandon archipelago. The crew of eight was rescued by the Mauritian National Coast Guard, but the ship remained stuck on the reef with damage to its hull. It still contains 4 tons of fuel oil, which makes us fear the worst for these islands, which are among the last vestiges of intact biodiversity in the region. To be continued in our columns.
Le journal des archipels nouvelle édition N°4 !
- The business opportunities of a globalized ecology By Philippe Murcia November 29, 2021
- Ken Poonoosamy: How to reduce our oil imports? October 5, 2021
- Romy Voos: “Why should women be left out of the climate issue?” September 16, 2021
- JM Pitot: “The typical tourist will probably come from the UK”. September 14, 2021
- Blue Economy: The new deal for giant ships by Philippe Murcia September 2, 2021