Heavily hit by the health crisis of 2020 and a historic debt, South African Airways is relaunching its operations. South Africa’s national airline, which was recently recapitalized with Takatso Consortium taking a 51% stake in its capital, with the state holding the remaining 49% as a “golden share” (reference), has published the next regional flights to major African cities from September 23, 2021, along with the revival fares.

By our correspondent Tsirisoa R.

From its Johannesburg and Cape Town hubs, South African Airways will resume regional flights, a symbol of a revival that was long and difficult to implement. The company has announced that it will soon resume flights from Johannesburg and Cape Town to neighboring countries, on historically profitable flights that are expected to quickly boost its balance sheet: Cape Town, Accra, Harare, Lusaka, and Maputo. Flights to Kinshasa and other cities are also part of the revival, starting in October.

Here are the re-launch fares published by South African Airways:

Johannesburg – Cape Town: $105 return ($53 one-way) Johannesburg – Maputo: $374.3 return ($168.3 one-way) Johannesburg – Accra: $608.7 return ($271.3 one-way) Cape Town – Accra: $753.7 return ($331.8 one-way) Johannesburg – Harare: 171.4 return ($75.4 one way) Cape Town – Harare: $381.1 return ($168.3 one way) Johannesburg – Lusaka: $356.6 return ($169.5 one way) Cape Town – Lusaka: $501.5 return ($230 one way)